Saturday 11 July 2015

Surprise Shopping #1

Guess who’s back from shopping like crazy? That’s right I've fallen into the summer daze and spent my time shop, shop, shopping! But it’s cool at least I got this idea of creating a series that is basically hauls of things that I buy, whether it is random or beauty related I just thought it would be nice to share the treasures I find!


First let’s talk Summer. I needed something to add to my makeup collection that would make it more season suited whilst being able to wear on an everyday basis, so I was super excited when I found the ­LA Colours Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade (CP406) Spring. I first saw this product from a friend and thought they had really nice colours I would have to get one soon. This amazing eye liner glides on so smoothly, I'm shocked I never heard about it before! It is also a very good eye shadow if you blend it out properly which was just wonderful as it lasts longer than a regular eye shadow powder. The colour itself is amazing, it’s a light gold so not too overpowering for daytime looks but still has a lovely sparkle to it.


Next up is my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in the shade (006) Warm Beige which straight away became my new favourite powder. It definitely helps my make up last longer as well as giving that matte look without looking flaky; especially in the summer heat that the UK is going through, I'm thankful I don't need to worry as much as I can trust this product to keep my look intact and looking oil free.

I also bought a MUA Bronzer in shade 2. I’m thankful for companies like MUA as they are inexpensive yet definitely not bad products. I like the bronzer because like most of the MUA products it is very pigmented which is good for contouring as the colour can be bold for sharper contour or blended out for a softer look that still has structure.

As well as the bronzer I picked up a MUA Blusher in the shade Bonbon which is a soft, matte, dusty rose colour that is brilliant for an everyday look as it is a subtle colour that compliments my skin tone nicely. So far it’s been okay with staying on for a long time but I'm not sure it can handle weather so this would be good for a school/work look or if you wanted to brighten up when staying in but without a good primer or setting spray I don't think it will last long outside.

Lastly there was a sale in Accessorize and whenever there is a sale you will find me hunting down a bargain. I must find great items with better prices and I was not let down. I bought a Geo Spike Stud Set that were 50% off which really means buy one get one free, so of course I had to buy the Grunge Earrings that was just as fabulous. Now I'm not really one for wearing earrings but after recently getting my ears pierced (the normal lobe piercings and a second lobe piercing on the right as well as a middle cartilage piercing on the left) I decided to start getting into the whole ear jewels life. Even though I have to wait 6-8 weeks to take the starting studs off I am super excited to try out these simple yet dainty treasures out.

However even though I did say lastly, I just couldn't stop myself from walking into The Body Shop and taking a good look around. I looked throughout the whole store and had a moment when I realised that I was going to leave the store with more than a perfume tester so I decided to stick to the clearance section and found a lovely mini pot of Ginger Sparkle Body Butter! I was unfortunate to not be able to see this in Winter so I am glad that I have it now! It definitely has a strong ginger smell so it may not be to everyone's liking but the fruity hints as a light scent makes me feel homely and fresh, which would be perfect for a rainy day (even though it is Summer the UK will randomly throw at you). The texture itself is more solid then its normal moisturisers as it is more creamy which just makes it last throughout the day. The product also does not leave an oily or greasy feel, just soft skin with a soft scent!

Hope you guys liked this post! Be sure to leave me a comment letting me know if you guys have tried this product, or just if you like the idea for this series =)