Wednesday 15 June 2016

Stumped



If you were to have asked me this morning I would have said I felt stumped. Like the trunk of a tree, without any leaves; without any reason for growth. I felt miserable. Like the facade finally wore off, it was time to take off the mask I felt stumped.

But I am not a tree. It's 2016 and my roots are portable, I am not stuck.

I feel as though I have done too much, never enough. Everything has a way of connecting, everything just sort of demands to be felt but why does that mean I had to burden it all? Why did I need to wake up feeling completely fine and then running back to my room because it all just became too much, why did my actions have such an effect on how they behaved? Why was I always so late for everything? Why could nothing ever just be?

If you asked me this morning I would have said I felt stumped. Yet here I am stumbling through, slowly spiralling tripping up as I face it all. But at least I'm moving forward. At least I keep on going. Albeit a little fuzzy and slow I am still moving forward... I can do this!